Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sucky and Super Sunday

Inspired by reading my friend's weekly Awkward and Awesome posts, you can check out her page here, I have decided to (try to) do a weekly Sucky and Super post. Here's this week.

Sucky:
  • Still no news on the job search.
  • Contacts are expensive as shit. I bought my first year's supply this week and had to put $250 on my credit card. I'm hoping my dad can pay for part of it as my Christmas gift.
  • My back is in so much pain it's unbearable. I have a bad back in general, but I carry my stress inbetween my shoulders, making it much worse lately.
  • 
    Her name is Lucy, but we just call her our nugget.
    
  • Found out my roomie's dog was diagnosed with a muscle disease that's going to kill her. I've never liked animals, ever. This is the first dog I've grown attached to in my life and then I got this news and it just about broke my heart. Luckily, she's not in pain yet and it'll take a few years to show signs.
Super:
  • Despite not having any luck thus far in the job search, I applied to five really great jobs this week, three of which would be using my degrees. One of which would be absolutely phenomenal, and my fingers couldn't be crossed any harder.
  • I got to see a good friend for the first time in two years. He's stationed in Germany with the Air Force and only comes home once a year for hunting season. Last year I wasn't able to see him, which made this year's visit even better.
  • Friday was one of the best days I've had in months. Spent the afternoon bumming/Christmas shopping with my manfriend, got a ton of free kitchen stuff from my mom (she's moving out of state next month to live with her manfriend and won't need as many pots/pans/dishes, etc) and ended the night at a stand-up comedy show at which I laughed so hard I cried.
  • My roomie and I put up our Christmas decorations, which turned out to be a lot of fun. Especially because our tree is entirely Packer themed.

No comments:

Post a Comment