Monday, December 12, 2011

Sucky and Super Sunday...a day late

Life has been a tad hectic lately, so Sucky and Super Sunday is a day late this week. At least it's only a day late.

Sucky:
  • My bad leg has really been flaring up. I have 85 year old woman legs, and have varicose veins coming in. The doctors can't do anything about it, and it hurts wicked bad. The last few days have been terribly painful...and people keep accidentally bumping into it, making it significantly worse.
  • I've had a headache every day for at least a week. I've had a problem with headaches since I was in about 4th grade, so I'm pretty used to them. Lately, though, it's been worse. I know they're mostly stress-induced because they're not like my typical aches. Sometimes I worry my body will become immune to Aleve.
  • Nothing, really. Aside from feeling like I'm physically falling apart at the seams, it's been a pretty decent week.
Super:
  • Tuesday my man friend and I decorated Christmas cookies. We're experiencing a lot of firsts together as the holidays approach, and I couldn't be happier to be spending them with him.
  • Saturday was the last day I got to spend with my GNO girls. We went up to a camp about an hour away where they played games, learned how to build a fire and did some team-building exercises. It was actually quite a bit more fun than several of the weekly sessions.
  • Saturday was the first of the two ugly Christmas sweater parties I have this year. It was so much fun, and everyone looked so ridiculous! My sister, cousin and I all rocked matching sweater vests, turtlenecks and knee high socks.
  • Sunday I got to actually watch the Packer game. I missed the last two because of work, so I was really excited to see it this week. It was a great game to catch: an easy 46-16 win against the Raiders, putting us at a 13-0 record so far.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your legs; hopefully something organic from the all natural store can help you out. I LOVE the fact that you and Chris are doing new things - isn't it great to have participation with new things???? I'm really happy for you - I can't wait to go out to dinner or something with you can Chris, so we can get to know him better!!! Packers' game was FABTABULOUS!!!! I was a bit surprised that you want to the camp - it doesn't strike me as your kind of thing to do, but I love that you are doing new things!!!! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just admire you for all the energy and optimism you have Go Girl !!

    ReplyDelete