Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sucky and Super Wednesday

Hello, dear readers! I thought I might actually be able to create an entire post about "Super" things, as I've been having a pretty good few weeks. Then, yesterday happened...

Sucky: 

  • Yesterday at work there was a sewer backup. Right. By. My. Department. It was so disgustingly awful it hindered our work. Luckily, there wasn't shit (literally) puddled or piled up in the hallways at all, but the smell was WRETCHED. It was nauseating, and gave myself and everyone around me headaches and/or stomachaches. And of course, the area of my department is completely open, and we have no door to block out the stench. It was a rough day, to say the least. I'm just glad I don't work in facilities. Talk about hating your life.

Super:
  • Man Friend and I got an apartment! We were extremely lucky to fall in love with the first one we looked at. More to come on this after the official move April 1st, but I couldn't possibly be more excited. I cannot wait to live with the love of my life, come home to and wake up to him every day. I am so excited to have all of my belongings in one household for the first time since 6th grade (divorce, college, moving, storage sheds), to be in a nice neighborhood, have lots of space/storage (especially for an apartment) and to not have to worry about moving for a long time.
  • About a week and a half ago, I got a really unexpected compliment. It was just a simple statement that made my whole day. I'm sure the complimenter had no idea how much of an impact it made, but it was such a self-esteem boost.
  • Walking Dead Double Dates have continued each week, and each week gets better. It's one thing I know I can look forward to for relief and relaxation, no matter what is going on that week. Eating like a fat kid makes it even better. By the time we were all done eating last night, we all had taco food babies. And it was magnificent.
  • Over the weekend, I ran into my favorite Mom Friend and my favorite little munchkin while shopping. We got to catch up and chat for a while. I got to play with Munchkin for a bit, which is super nice because I don't get to see her very often anymore. It was a nice surprise.
  • Last weekend, I spent Saturday morning and afternoon spoiling myself. The whole day was dedicated entirely to taking care of me, and only me. I spent part of my tax return on my once-annual trip to the spa, lunch and shopping. I didn't have to worry about anything, and was able to totally relax. Days like this are incredibly rare and it was needed. I love getting massages, and wish I could afford them more often, but alas, once a year is typically my max. For anyone in the Green Bay area, I highly highly recommend The Day Spa in DePere. I have never been disappointed from the moment I walk in the door to the moment I leave. I also got some super cute clothes with awesome end-of-season sales and am excited to wear all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment