Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Perfect Life

Throughout my mere 24 years, I have become acutely aware of my over-active imagination. I daydream all day long, making up stores or scenarios in my head. Honestly, I think my imagination is in just as much over-drive as it was when I was just a little nugget. Perhaps more so, even. And I happen to love it. It's one of the strongest forces behind what makes me a writer. And frankly, I'm never bored with myself.

One thing that I imagine all the time, and perhaps too much for any realist out there, is how my life would be if it was a movie or a novel and I was the writer. I have a personal little fantasy created of exactly how my life would be if everything could be absolutely perfect. And I've decided to share it with you, dear readers.

Some of these are unlikely, though still plausible goals. I'm working towards them every day, to no avail. Some, as you will see, are simply made up. This is when you suspension of disbelief would have to come in. That's what makes stories so good anyway.


  • Job: I would have a full-time, permanent job in public relations with a non-profit. In particular, it would be working with young girls like the YWCA or the Girl Scouts. It would be a fun job that I loved going to every day, with fabulous co-workers and the ability to stress very little about my job once I came home. I would make about $75,000 a year. I'm sure this is where I will lose some people. I can just hear people saying, "well, if you could be filthy rich making millions, why would you only choose $75,000 annually?" Because it's very important to me that I never forget what it's like to want. $75,000 a year would be the perfect amount for me to be financially stable, be able to save, pay off my loans, still have plenty of fun money, and yet, I would still have to create a budget.
  • vehicle: I would have a beautiful little red convertible. Don't ask me about make/model/year or anything like that. Cars are cars to me. I just know that I've always wanted a convertible. And red seems to be a good color for convertibles.
  • residence: I would have a cozy house with a big back yard and a deck outside. (And let's be real here: my significant other would be taking care of the yard work. Fuck that.) Inside would be fully furnished with matching furniture and decor. The wine-themed kitchen would have all kinds of appliances, particularly Food Network ones. I would have a room dedicated solely to reading, writing and scrapbooking. There would be as many bookshelves as I needed to hold all my books (I'm already at two so you can only imagine how many I'd have if I had the money and space for how many I would like to have), a table for scrapbooking, (even if it's just a folding table that could fit in the closet) and a desk for writing. The closet would be bursting with my scrapbooking bins and maybe even my shoes if they overflowed from my bedroom closet. Speaking of which, I'd have an even better shoe collection than I already have.
  • environment: I freaking hate the cold. Hate it. Summer is by far my favorite season. I do love fall though, as well. Can't leave out all the wonderful meals, smells and colors that come out of fall. It would be wonderfully hot and sunny summer from March to August. September to December 21st would be fall. I thought for a long time I would want just summer and fall. But it is nice to have a tiny bit of snow on the ground for Christmas and New Years. So winter would last from December 22nd to January 1st. I've also thought about having it go right from winter to summer. But, that would just be a flooded, slushy mess. And the blooming of all the trees and flowers is pretty as well. So we can have spring from January 2nd to March when summer starts back up. Also, pollen and dust of any sorts would be allergens. There would be no scratching of the eyes, nose and throat...nor would there be watery eyes and sneezing. 
This is the most that I've come up with so far. Maybe a second post will come after some more day dreaming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment