Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sucky and Super

I dropped the ball on a post last week, so today's Sucky and Super post encompasses the last two weeks. Enjoy, dear readers!

Sucky:

My memorial tattoo
  • Tuesday was the eighth anniversary of a very close friend's passing. January 3rd is the hardest day of every year for me, and not once does it get easier. My friend passed away very young, two weeks before his 20th birthday. Not only was the loss of him very difficult, but the cause was even worse. He was killed, and everyone (cops included) knows who did it. Unfortunately, evidence was tampered with at his base and it likely to never be proven. Every year on the anniversary I visit the cemetery with flowers for him. This year I wasn't able to make it before it got dark and it was closed. I felt so guilty, and that made dealing with it even harder on myself. 
  • Friday I had the worst day of work I've ever had at this job. Now that the holidays are over, callers are back to being rude, impatient, ungrateful, demanding and argumentative. The day had been dragging, and I was growing more and more frustrated every hour. In the last hour or so of my shift, I had the most unbearable call I could ever imagine: 18 straight minutes of nothing but being shouted at, argued with and my offers ignored. I was actually shaking and nearly in tears when I transferred the call to a supervisor.

Super: 
  • New Years Eve started off on a Sucky note, but it actually turned out to be really nice. I'm too broke to be able to go out, so I decided to have some friends over, but plans got switched up a little, so it ended up being just my man friend and me. I made dinner for the two of us, which got destroyed at first but the second try was significantly tastier, and we listened to a local radio station's top songs of 2011. After a rough start, our first New Years together was really nice.
  • New Years Day my man friend and I spent the day at my dad's. We watched the Packer game, another win of course. I'm so excited for the play-offs to start! We also stayed for dinner, which was a great end to the day. 
  • For Christmas, I got a lot of exercise materials, which I really like. I've been trying so hard the last few weeks to stick with healthy eating and working out and am determined to keep it up for once. This past week I worked out four days using my new fitness hula hoop, my Biggest Loser yoga DVD, and went to my weekly Zumba class. I can already see a difference and it's a great feeling.
  • After four years of credit card debt, I have it nearly paid off. As of today, it's down to $30, and with Christmas money I got this weekend, that balance will be paid off tomorrow. There are no words to describe how relieving this is. 
  • Last night was my final Christmas celebration. We had some great food and got to spend some quality time together. My mom moves down to Tennessee in a week, and it was our last family event with all of us together for a while. 
  • I had a phone interview this week. Again, nothing in my field, but a full-time, permanent position in town for a company very well known in this area. There's actually a lot of room for advancement in the company, and I'd be making pretty decent money as well. I have several friends working there, one of whom is how I heard about the position. I feel like the interview went well, but I'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! I'm very proud of all that you've accomplished so far, and look forward to watching you and the rest of nieces and nephews continue to grow in adulthood!! Good for you on your credit card debt-that's a major thing to hang over your head when you have an amount to pay. Christmas yesterday was almost perfect! Missing Michelle was the downer par buty other than that it was wonderful!! You And Chris seem very much at ease withg each other, and he makes quite a nice addition to our family! Good luck on the job you interviewed for! Love, Barbie

    ReplyDelete