Monday, September 5, 2011

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know whatcha gunna get.

Welcome to my blog, dear readers. I suppose I shall introduce myself and my intentions with this blog. I graduated with a BA in Writing and minored in Women's Studies in May 2010. Since graduating a year ago, I've been actively looking for a job in my field and trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life. It hasn't gotten very far. I am currently working in a call center for a paper company and am trained exclusively on baby care/child care products. Which means I spend eight hours a day talking about diapers. The company is great and I love my coworkers, but it's not what I had ever pictured myself doing. It is, without a doubt, a job and not a career. It's a very good company to get in to, but the position is not for me. Very recently I started becoming rather unhappy with my life and success, or lack thereof. I had gotten myself into a rut and felt like I was doing nothing with my life or degree. After a few weeks of bitching and tears, I decided to do something about it and make myself happy instead of just complaining that I wasn't. I started actively searching for jobs in my field and wanted to start writing again. So here I am. This blog is meant to get me writing more, and will give me motivation to keep up with it. Hopefully people are reading this to give me reason to continue posting.

My co-workers and I in training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment