Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Before 30 Bucket List

Lately, I've been struggling a lot with the idea of what it means to be successful. Mainly because I don't feel remotely successful at all. I always thought that after graduation, two years to be exact, I'd be so much farther along in life than I am. Still being in a dead-end temp job with no leads in the job search, I feel like I have so much catching up to do, even though I'm not quite 24.

My roommate and I have this discussion a lot, mostly because we're both in the same boat. Neither one of us are where we want to be/where we thought we'd be at this point in our lives. These pity parties for two then develop into the "I'm scared to turn 25 and/or 30" conversation. I've come to the conclusion that the people who have the issue with hitting those dreaded numbers are always the people like us, worried about where their life is headed and why it's not headed there fast enough.

So I've come up with a Bucket List for myself of things I want to accomplish by the time I'm 30. Something to hold myself accountable for not falling into any more of a slump. In no particular order:

  • Have at least 1, preferably 2, fiction pieces published
  • Work for a non-profit
  • Visit my mom in TN as much as possible
  • Take at least one big vacation
  • Visit at least 6 restaurants in my Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives book (one a year)
  • Visit my family out on the East Coast
  • Have at least 1,000 views on each blog, or whatever blog I'm working on
  • Get married
  • Put a significant dent in my student loans

2 comments:

  1. Patience is a virtue, my dear. All will come into place in due time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will happen, Monica. You just have to keep the faith! I believe in you:)

    ReplyDelete